Please note this is an Expression of Interest application. We are not actively hiring, but will screen all applications periodically. If we wish to progress your application, we will contact you.
About HSM Advisory:
Here at HSM Advisory, we enable better working lives. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest organisations, our holistic view and extraordinary tools can be used to delivery truly specific insight. Over our fourteen-year history, we’ve worked with FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by a human-centred future; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a Junior Consultant to add value
1. Build our business
- Starts to build relationships with clients and sets up meetings with clients to ensure effective communication
- Uses strategic thinking, technical expertise, and effective communication skills to present insights and recommendations to clients with direction from senior team members
- Creates documents in preparation for meetings
- Demonstrates a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
2. Create a flourishing HSM Advisory culture
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and understanding there is power in our collective
3. Deliver great work
- Delivers high quality work with input from line manager, on discrete parts of advisory programmes
- Has expertise analysing both quantitative and qualitative data
- Expertise in drafting reports in an analytical, logical, and coherent way
- Able to manage own timelines and multi-project workload effectively while working under time constraints
- Demonstrates aptitude for taking initiative, putting the needs of the client first, and taking calculated risks
- Proactive in looking for more effective ways of working and suggesting these to the Management Team
- Has a foundational understanding of HSM research and insights
- Leads in the delivery of internal projects to enhance overall ways of working, with support from a senior team member
What we are looking for:
- You’re well-organised and capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously
- You thrive at delivering at pace with the support of a fantastic team
- Being a small team, we’re often required to help with tasks outside of our direct role, so we're searching for someone who is self-motivated, eager to learn, and skilled at working in a dynamic setting
- Essential: 18-24 months’ relevant work experience
- Desirable: a background in organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Our benefits include:
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (5% matched)
- 25 days annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Sabbatical options available after two years of employment
- A volunteering day once a year
- A culture where you compete with yourself and not others for promotion. You will have a career map from the moment you join us, and we recognise and reward performance consistently across the business
- Flexible work and hours - we have a hybrid working model with team members spending half of their time in the office and half remotely
- Access to a financial planning coach through Octopus MoneyCoach
- Regular team socials including Christmas and summer parties
- Perkbox including a subscription to Aura and an employee assistance program along with other great discounts
We are committed to providing fair employment opportunities to all our employees and applicants. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations, marital statuses, races, faiths, and socioeconomic backgrounds. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process to improve your experience, kindly let us know.