Please note this is an Expression of Interest application. We are not actively hiring, but will screen all applications periodically. If we wish to progress your application, we will contact you.
About HSM Advisory:
Here at HSM Advisory, we enable better working lives. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest organisations, our holistic view and extraordinary tools can be used to delivery truly specific insight. Over our fourteen-year history, we’ve worked with FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by a human-centred future; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a Consultant to add value:
1. Build our business
- Conveys insights and project updates to clients in a professional manner with direction from Director
- Builds relationships with clients to ensure a great experience
- Demonstrates a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
2. Create a flourishing HSM culture
- Actively develops other team members, providing feedback and direction to junior members
- Helps with onboarding new, junior team members
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and understanding there is power in our collective
3. Deliver great work
- Delivers high quality work on entire deliverables within an advisory programme, with supervision from line manager
- Able to create project plans with supervision from Director, and manage deadlines accordingly
- Has a robust understanding of HSM Advisory research and insights
- Is able to analyse client data to derive insights within companies, and translate these for the client
- Leads in the delivery of internal projects (such as project management tools) to enhance overall ways of working
What we are looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, keen to learn and good at working in a dynamic environment – we’re a small team so are often required to help out on tasks outside our direct role
- You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace working with a fantastic, ambitious and truly collegiate team
- Essential: Minimum of two years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or a Professional Services firm.
- Desirable: a background in organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields, as well as experience with qualitative data.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- Enhanced employer pension contributions (5% matched)
- 25 days annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Generous parental leave
- Sabbatical options available after two years of employment
- Wellbeing days
- A volunteering day once a year
- A culture where you compete with yourself and not others for promotion. You will have a career map from the moment you join us and we recognise and reward performance consistently across the business.
- Flexible work and hours - we have a hybrid working model with team members spending half of their time in the office and half remotely
- Access to a financial planning coach through Octopus MoneyCoach
- Regular team socials including Christmas and summer parties
- Perkbox including a subscription to Aura and an employee assistance program along with other great discounts
We are committed to providing fair employment opportunities to all our employees and applicants. We encourage applications from people of all ages, abilities, gender identities, sexual orientations, marital statuses, races, faiths, and socioeconomic backgrounds. If you require any assistance throughout the interview process to improve your experience, kindly let us know.