About HSM Advisory:
Here at HSM Advisory, we advance organisations by working with them to co-create a sustainable future. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest companies, we help leaders develop insights to create impact on high visibility projects. Over our twelve-year history, we’ve worked with FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by unleashing human potential; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a Senior Consultant to add value:
1. Build our business
- Identifies challenges faced by clients and opportunities for HSM Advisory to support
- Makes significant contributions to proposals for new work
- Initiates calls with new contacts through business development activities and efficient networking
- Nurtures leads by building strong partnerships with clients
2. Create a flourishing HSM Advisory culture
- Mentors junior team members and provides coaching, with a focus on development and wellbeing
- Onboards and develops more junior team members
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Motivates and engages other team members
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and understanding there is power in our collective
3. Deliver great work
- Manages project timelines, budgets and client requirements effectively
- Independently leads meetings /calls and other client touchpoints with counterparts at the client
- Converts client data into strategic recommendations
- Identifies risks and issues on projects in a timely manner
- Has a robust understanding of HSM Advisory research and insights and can communicate these effectively to clients
What we are looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, keen to learn and good at working in a dynamic environment – we’re a small team so are often required to help out on tasks outside our direct role
- You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace working with a fantastic, ambitious and truly collegiate team
- Essential: Minimum of four years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or a Professional Services firm.
- Desirable: a background in organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields, as well as experience with qualitative data.
- A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent).
Our benefits include:
- An employer sponsored pension
- 25 days annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- A culture where you compete with yourself and not others for promotion. You will have a career map from the moment you join us and we recognise and reward performance consistently across the business.
- Flexible work and hours - we have a hybrid working model with team members spending half of their time in the office and half remotely
- A spacious, newly refurbished office in Covent Garden
You will be enthusiastic and engaged and will join our team based in Covent Garden in Central London. We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
At HSM Advisory, we believe that a diverse team leads to an organisation that is more innovative and achieves better results. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion or belief, and socio-economic background.