About HSM Advisory
Here at HSM Advisory, we advance organisations by working with them to co-create a sustainable future. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest companies, we help leaders develop insights to create impact on high visibility projects. Over our twelve-year history, we’ve worked with ASX 100 companies, top tier law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by unleashing human potential; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a Consultant to add value:
1. Build our business
- Conveys insights and project updates to clients in a professional manner with direction from Director
- Builds relationships with clients to ensure a great experience
- Demonstrates a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
2. Create a flourishing HSM Advisory culture
- Actively develops other team members, providing feedback and direction to junior members
- Helps with onboarding new, junior team members
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and understanding there is power in our collective
3. Deliver great work
- Delivers high quality work on entire deliverables within an advisory programme, with supervision from line manager
- Able to create project plans with supervision from Director, and manage deadlines accordingly
- Has a robust understanding of HSM Advisory research and insights
- Is able to analyse client data to derive insights within companies, and translate these for the client
- Leads in the delivery of internal projects (such as project management tools) to enhance overall ways of working
What we are looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, keen to learn and good at working in a dynamic environment – we’re a small team so are often required to help out on tasks outside our direct role
- You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace working with a fantastic, ambitious and truly collegiate team
- Essential: Minimum of two years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or a Professional Services firm.
- Desirable: a background in organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields, as well as experience with qualitative data.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- A culture where you compete with yourself and not others for promotion. You will have a career map from the moment you join us and we recognise and reward performance consistently across the business.
- Ongoing learning time to upskill of at least 4 hours a month.
- Flexible work and hours, we are implementing a hybrid model of working across our business.
- A co-working space in inner city Melbourne with free coffee, fruit and social events.
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team socials
You will be enthusiastic and engaged and will join our team based in inner city Melbourne, working with global colleagues. We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.