About HSM Advisory:
Here at HSM Advisory, we advance organisations by working with them to co-create a sustainable future. Through our research and advisory work, we bridge the gap between strategy and culture. As trusted advisors to the world’s biggest companies, we help leaders develop insights to create impact on high visibility projects. Over our twelve-year history, we’ve worked with FTSE 100 companies, Magic Circle law firms, and the Big Four professional services firms.
We’re looking for people who are inspired by unleashing human potential; who have an innate curiosity about what enables people to perform; and who are hungry to make an impact through innovative and fast-paced change programmes.
This is a full-time opportunity, however we are thrilled to open the job to part-time applicants together as a role share. If you are open to teaming up with other talented professional to do this job, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply here.
Here are the ways in which we would expect a member of our Management team to add value:
Build our business
- Identifies the core problem HSM Advisory can solve for a client and how
- Owns the relationships with some of our biggest clients, acting as a trusted advisor on high visibility programmes
- Conveys insights and programme updates to clients in a professional manner
- Builds relationships with new and existing clients to generate ongoing business
- Demonstrates a curiosity and passion for creating better workplaces for people
- Delivers keynote presentations on HSM Advisory insights and research
- Demonstrates a pragmatic and commercial approach to helping clients
- Finds growth opportunities through new service lines, markets and other opportunities
Lead complex people-based projects
- Acts as programme lead on the delivery of complex global projects on exciting topics relating to people and change
- Runs focus groups, design workshops and leader interviews
- Has a holistic command of projects, identifying risks, challenges and opportunities throughout the project lifecycle
- Engages stakeholders effectively, from CEOs to project managers
- Understands the client’s internal challenges and drivers and provides the necessary advice for them to overcome blockers and achieve success
- Builds rapport virtually and across different cultures
- Able to manage a team of consultants through complex qualitative analysis
- Able to edit reports to client-facing level
Create a flourishing HSM Advisory culture
- Shows leadership on projects, with the team and new contacts for our business
- Actively develops other team members, providing feedback and direction to junior members
- Helps with onboarding new, junior team members
- Demonstrates a positive and ‘can-do’ approach to their work
- Inclusive and respectful of all colleagues and understanding there is power in our collective
Deliver Great work
- Owns and delivers high quality work on our largest advisory programmes, to a high degree of autonomy
- Leads project teams and manages deadlines accordingly
- Harnesses robust knowledge of HSM Advisory research and insights, demonstrating expertise
- Leads our consultants on analysing client data to derive insights within companies, and translates these into impactful recommendations for the client
- Delivers key internal projects as required (such as project management tools) to enhance overall ways of working
What we are looking for
- We’re looking for someone who is a driver, that is self-motivated, keen to lead and learn, and good at working in a dynamic environment – we’re a small team so are often required to help out on tasks outside of our direct role
- You’re well-organised, capable of structuring your working days and weeks to add value on many projects simultaneously, and thrive at delivering at pace working with a fantastic, ambitious and truly collegiate team
- You bring a good sense of perspective and are able to stay focused on the bigger picture and reset when there are challenges or blockers to motivate the team
- Your levels of empathy enable you to both support your colleagues and team and also navigate complex and sensitive issues for our clients
- You have strong communication skills with an ability and willingness to have difficult conversations when necessary and to flex your style to suit different stakeholders. You listen and ask questions rather than make assumptions
- You are able to connect information and ideas to respond to unique client needs and work with the team to develop new services for our clients
- Essential: 8 plus years’ work experience, ideally in a large consultancy firm e.g. Accenture, Deloitte or a Professional Services firm.
- Desirable: a background in change management, innovation, organisational behaviour, management studies, or HR-related fields, as well as experience with qualitative data.
- A minimum 2.1 degree (or equivalent).
Our benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- An employer sponsored pension
- 25 days annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- A culture where you compete with yourself and not others for promotion. You will have a career map from the moment you join us and we recognise and reward performance consistently across the business.
- A spacious, newly refurbished office in Covent Garden
- Flexible work and hours - we have a hybrid working model with team members spending half of their time in the office and half remotely
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team socials
You will be enthusiastic and engaged and will join our team based in Covent Garden in Central London (currently remote). We work in an incredibly exciting and cutting-edge environment. Each of our team members bring something unique and we would expect you to do the same. This is an environment where you can grow and flourish, so it is crucial that you are passionate and self-motivated. We put a lot of effort into helping each team member build capabilities and develop their full potential, both as part of the role and in relation to their unique skills and aptitudes. Part of this is being involved in a wide variety of work as well as being ready and able to support other team members.
At HSM Advisory, we believe that a diverse team leads to an organisation that is more innovative and achieves better results. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital status, race, religion or belief, and socio-economic background.
We also welcome applicants from those who have taken a career break.